If you’re in the early stages of developing a co-housing idea, and want some help, the Early Stage Support programme might be a useful starting point. But you’ll need to be quick as the closing date for applications is 12 August 2016.
Funded by the Nationwide Foundation, the programme offers expert mentoring and small grants to help affordable community-led housing projects get started.
Successful groups will receive one-to-one assistance from experienced sector professionals. There is also a small grant pot available to help with early stage costs.
There’s more advice on the Locality web site.
Who can apply
- You are a group of people considering an affordable community-led housing project, or an existing community group diversifying into community-led housing for the first time.
- You do not have funds to progress your project.
- Your group has enough people directly involved in the project to progress it.
- You have a clear idea of the project you want to pursue and why.
- You can demonstrate need and demand for the project.
- You are based in England.